I really do not like Tiramisu because of the coffee ingredient , but I love the mascarpone cheese that is used in the recipe. When I saw this recipe for White chocolate/Strawberry Tiramusi I could not wait to try out the recipe. This is one you will want to keep in your file. Get the recipe for this dessert and other great edibles @ http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/White-Chocolate-Strawberry-Tiramisu
15 Servings Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces Mascarpone cheese
- 9 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Chocolate syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; set aside. In another large bowl, beat cheeses until light and fluffy. Beat in the chocolate, 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar and vanilla. Fold in 2 cups whipped cream.
- Brush half of the ladyfingers with half of the orange juice; arrange in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spread with 2 cups cream cheese mixture; top with 2 cups of berries. Brush remaining ladyfingers with remaining orange juice; arrange over berries.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining cream cheese mixture and confectioners’ sugar; fold in remaining whipped cream. Spread over ladyfingers. Top with remaining berries. Refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 servings.
White Chocolate-Strawberry Tiramisu published in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p47